November 16, 2016

I told you I was bad at marketing ...

So bad that within a week of posting a blog trumpeting my latest book, I changed the cover. I do it just to confuse you.


Anyway, here's the latest iteration. I decided to go for something cooler, having spent a lot of time browsing books in my genre to see which covers I liked. I thought I liked the multi-coloured, action-packed whiz-bang ones ... but when it came to it, the covers that appealed to me most were ones that created an atmosphere with a strong graphic and tasteful typography.


So that's what I've moved towards.

The photograph is actually of Aleppo in Syria, and while the city itself isn't featured in the book, the country and its devastation plays a large part in how the story unfolds.

2 comments:

  1. Yess,My first job at marketing.My job description is to lead the 15 clients daily,I had not achieved the daily target,one day my office mates told me that you have weak in marketing.You have to change you filed so I have decided to go for an academic content writing,Now Iam head of the academic writing department and the working at Health Care Dissertation help company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cover change is intriguing, and the thoughtful shift towards a graphic with tasteful typography speaks volumes. The Aleppo backdrop adds a poignant layer, offering a visual prelude to the underlying narrative complexities.

    ReplyDelete